Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Adjusting to 3 Kids

It's been 2 months since I had my 3rd child. I now have 2 girls and 1 boy.

We had plenty of help on the big day and for weeks after that. Between grandparents and Hubby taking time off I was never alone w/ all 3.

My mother-in-law was the last to leave. That evening I cried to Hubby that I was scared. I didn't think I could handle all 3 on my own. My son was still going to preschool 3 mornings a week. I was nervous about getting everyone in the car and unloaded then doing it all over again when it was time to pick him up.

But the next day came and I survived and I've been surviving. Sure there have been a couple of days I've yelled more than I wanted to or Hubby came home to find me in tears. What Mom hasn't been there?

B/c this is my 3rd child, I don't feel bad about letting my baby cry for a minute or two while I attend to my other kids. Have you tried reading a bedtime story to your kids while holding a screaming baby? It's not enjoyable for anyone.

Evening is the worst time. Between 6 - 8. The first few weeks were really bad. Hubby and I had to eat in shifts, one would hold the crying baby while the other ate.

She's since gotten better about sitting by herself. The swing is a Godsend. She takes all her naps in it. She sleeps in her crib at night and does pretty well w/ it.

Everyones first question is always, "How is it w/ 3?" I tell them the truth. It was hard. Especially b/c she was/is a fussy baby. After 2 months though we've gotten into a routine and she can go longer between feedings (I'm nursing). Now that summer is here we've got lots of activities going on every day.

My other 2 kids don't show any signs of jealousy. My older daughter has started acting out a little, but she's also 2 years old. I don't think it has anything to do w/ the attention her baby sister is getting. If anything the baby gets less attention.

The only one who is really feeling neglected is the dog. He spends most of his day outside. Good thing its been so nice out.

No comments:

Post a Comment