Monday, September 29, 2014

The New Scooby-Doo is Scary



I loved watching Scooby Doo when I was little. It was a Sunday morning ritual for me and my brother. Did you know they've updated Scooby Doo? 

We don't have cable just a Roku box and we stream Netflix. When I saw Scooby Doo was on there I thought, "Great! A cartoon I used to watch and now my kids can too!" Not even close.

The new Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated has some scary villains! The first episode we watched was about a town that was taken over by alligator people. Now these are what the alligators looked like when I used to watch the show. 

Not too scary right? Here is the updated alligator people. 
They are terrifying! I found it hard to watch. It took my kids awhile to want to watch another episode b/c they were scared of the "ghosts." 

Also, what is up w/ the romance plot on the show? Why are we trying to get Shaggy and Velma together? What is the target age range for this show? I guess they needed another plot line rather than just catching ghosts. 

And the mystery of the kids that disappeared 20+ years ago? Talk about a complicated story line. Maybe I just had a hard time following it b/c my kids were asking me a million questions or I was trying to fix lunch and switch laundry. I haven't given the show my full undivided attention. I guess if I did I could better follow that plot. 

Does anyone else have trouble following the New Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated? 

No comments:

Post a Comment