Thursday, October 16, 2014

I want my 3 cents back

In a post last week, I confessed my Sonic/caffeine addiction. I'm there so often I know exactly how much our drinks will cost because we order the same thing, or variation of the same thing, every time. 

Our total is $2.22 and I'm not beneath paying with change; I always feel the need to apologize when I hand over a handful of coins. 

A few times I've paid with 2 $1 bills and a quarter, which means I should get back 3 cents right? 

Now I've never been a big tipper at Sonic. (Sorry to any Sonic employees.) One of the biggest reasons is I hardly ever pay with cash. On a rare occasion I do pay with cash I'll use the line, "Keep the change," but even then it's only a dollar or two. 

Evidently the employees at my Sonic assume if the change does not contain bills, they are free to keep it. Now 3 cents isn't enough to get upset about but because this has happened 2 or 3 times I really want to say something. Would that make me look like a bitch? If I asked for the 3 cents? Would they think I was a cheapskate or something? 



No comments:

Post a Comment