Thursday, May 9, 2013

High Expectations for Mother's Day

There are a lot of ecards and blog posts going around about Mother's Day.

Ok again, I was on vacation last week (sorry to keep bringing that up). I was gone for 3 1/2 days leaving Hubby alone w/ our 2 kids.

He asked me for a list of activities they could do while I was gone. I found this particulary funny. I didn't have a list when we moved here and I became a SAHM. Why should he have one?

The weather was rainy and overcast most of the time I was gone. Hubby reported there were no meltdowns, no major issues, and the house was clean when I got home. Like vacuumed the carpet, bathroom, floors were clean of toys, kitchen counters and sink were cleared off, way more effort than I put forth on a day to day basis.

I have to add that I did receive a text on day #2 stating I needed a raise b/c even though the kids were being good, their demands were constant. I got a small thrill from this, but that was the end of the sympathy for mom.

I had a small fantasy that Hubby would see how hard my job was and get me an awesome Mother's Day gift.

Then I walked into a spotless house and was told the kids were great the whole time I was gone. What?!

What an eye opener that maybe I need to put forth more of an effort to get things picked up before Hubby comes home.

The toys scattered in the living room/kitchen don't bother me all that much. But I know they bother Hubby.

He's usually the one to pick things up after the kids are in bed. We make our son pick up his own room before bed.

Back to Mother's Day, Hubby has a day trip for work on Sunday (what a rip right?). To say I'm less than pleased would be an understatement. I'M PISSED!

He's been gone the last 2 days, will be home tomorrow for supper, we're taking a day trip on Saturday, he's gone Sunday, and off Monday only to be gone on his annual "Man Weekend" the following Friday.

Ah the life of a pilot's wife.

What are your Mother's Day expectations? I'll let you know if I'm surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment