Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Public Restrooms

As I stated in an earlier post, I was in Boston last week.

Our connecting flight home took off from Chicago. I have never been in the Chicago airport. We were there for about an hour. Long enough to find our gate, grab some food and use the bathroom.

Now I realize a lot of people don't like to use public bathrooms. They get squeamish and would rather pee their pants than use a public toilet. I'm not one of those people. If you gotta go, you gotta go.

I'm not a germaphobe. I don't always use a toilet seat cover when using a public bathroom (insert gasp here). If there's a little something on the seat, I grab some TP and wipe it off. Call me disgusting if you will but I hate those toilet seat covers. (I ALWAYS wash my hands if that makes me less disgusting.)



Those covers always seem to fall in the water before I have the chance to sit down. When the toilet flushes, it's not always strong enough to suck the cover down so you have to push it over the edge w/ your finger. They're loud and make me feel even more uncomfortable than I already am.

Like almost everyone, I used the bathroom before getting on the plane in Chicago. Imagine my surprise when I found this on the toilet seat.
That is a plastic cover already on the toilet seat. You can push the green light and the plastic cover spins to give the user a "clean" portion to sit on.

The questions were running through my head:

"Am I the first person to use this section?"

"Where does the 'dirty' section end?"

"Does the 'roll' get changed?"

"Did the person before me spin this or am I sitting on their section?"

"Should I spin it when I'm done or will the next person do it?"

"Isn't that a waste if I spin it and the next person does the same?"

I spun it before and after just to make sure.

Anyone else faced this dilemma?

No comments:

Post a Comment