Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blizzard Prep

We were predicted to get 8-12 inches of snow Monday afternoon-evening. We cancelled our plans to stay an extra day w/ our parents in order to beat the snow home. No one wants to be on the road in that weather, especially w/ kids.

I had to do our weekly grocery shopping and wasn't happy to have to do it on Sunday night in bad weather. Luckily, there wasn't any weather to worry about, the only thing in my way was the million other people also preparing for the blizzard we were predicted to have.

As expected, some areas of Dillon's were cleaned out, for example, milk (not even a half gallon of skim), tomato sauce, bread, and bananas. I found this to be strange. In the event of a blizzard when I would spend a lot of time in my house, bananas are not my go to food.

I do not see bananas as a food I cannot live without. I have 2 children and I still don't view bananas as a staple in my kitchen. Bread, milk, even tomato sauce are no brainers, but bananas?? Seriously?! Out of all the produce, bananas were the only section empty.

There must be more recipes using  bananas than I'm aware of, if you know of any good ones, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment