Saturday, April 6, 2013

Early Bird Special

Hubby refuses to eat as early as 6 PM and most nights I agree w/ him. Hubby's been gone the last 2 nights and today the kids really pushed me to the max. We had a busy morning followed by a trip to the park after nap time.

I had the bright idea of going to McDonald's after the park. I figured it was a quick way to get my son to agree to go home and I didn't have to worry about cooking/cleaning up supper.

My son was excited about this and insisted we leave right away. I agreed w/ him then realized it was 5:30 when we loaded up in the car.

I was a little apprehensive about eating this early, but the kids were both being nice, it wouldn't do any good to prolong our departure, and I figured there wouldn't be too many people in McD's.

Boy was I right. The place was empty which was perfect for a mom w/ 2 kids that were bouncing off the walls and screaming in delight. Both kids were pretty good, the boy had one minor meltdown when after opening his toy, he declared he wanted a different one and demanded I exchange it.

So, while I won't make it a habit to eat at 5:30, it is good to know when taking small children out alone and want to avoid a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment