Friday, April 19, 2013

I Took My Kids to the Y

I told you all that my family joined the Y on Monday. Our son was beyond excited to spend time in the Kid Zone there. I didn't get a chance to go back until today.

My daughter has some separation issues w/ both me and my Hubby. We go to MOPS twice a month w/ other kids she sees on a weekly basis at other functions and she still screams her head off when I leave her in the nursery. We've been going since September and she's had this reaction since Christmas. Not sure what her deal is but it takes about 10-15 minutes to calm her down.

It's safe to say I was nervous about leaving her in Kid Zone. The brochure said the staff would try and calm her for 10-15 minutes before paging me to come pick her up.

The main thing I worried about (other than my child) is the fact that I wouldn't get much of a workout in that short of time. (Great mom, huh?)

My son was excited and went right in w/ the staff. Baby Girl was eager to see what was inside the area and followed the staff inside, but once she realized I wasn't following, she freaked out and started sobbing.

I hastily finished the paperwork and hurried upstairs to get started. After 30 minutes, my name was paged and I made my way downstairs.

The staff told me she had been crying off and on the whole time and she recommended I leave her for only 30 minutes the first few times we visit. I could live w/ that. I didn't want to traumatize her anymore than necessary, especially if I wanted to make it a weekly visit.

I might try again on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get another 30 minute workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment