Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweatpants vs. Yoga Pants

I have a relationship w/ my sweatpants. It started in college when I bought a fleece pair at Old Navy w/ the drawstring waist. They were all the rage 10 years ago. I never wore them outside my dorm or apartment, I thought that was tacky (at the time). I didn't start "living" in them until I got married and had kids.

My first pair of fleece pants I wore all thru my 1st pregnancy and after. I bought a pair of yoga pants to wear out in public b/c the fleece ones I thought looked sloppy. My husband hated the fleece pair. He said they didn't flatter my ass the way the yoga pants did.

After the birth of my 2nd child, I gave up the fleece pants and bought another pair from the Gap this time. These fit a little snugger than the previous pair and were lots more comfortable. Hubby was thrilled when I replaced them. I wear them all the time. I wear my jeans out during the day then "Boom!" back home, I pull the Gap pants back on. They're usually thrown over the bed waiting for me to return.

Now lets get to the point of this post, my sweatpants are WAY better than yoga pants. They kick yoga pants ass! Don't get me wrong, I own a pair of yoga pants and they are very comfortable. The problem I have w/ them is they aren't very flattering to my shape. They draw attention to my "post pregnancy" tummy and divide the fat into 2 sections above and below the waistband. I'm constantly pulling them up when the spare tire, or muffin top, pushes the waistband down to extreme discomfort level and has me hiking them up to nipple height. Hubby has told me how attractive this looks. I do prefer to wear the yoga pants out in public, they fit better and look nicer than the Gap pants.

I took pictures of both pairs of pants but can't figure out how to download them from my iPad onto the blog. It's going to take some research. I'm not a real tech savvy person but I hope to spruce this blog up a little, and I'm hoping to start a Facebook page in the next week so be sure and check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment